Cutting-edge, custom-made radars, RF systems and measurement technologies
SPC has over 25 years of experience in the design, development, and use of radar systems. Our main focus is on instrumentation radar systems, high-speed data collection systems, and radar data processing systems for government and private industry. Customers have included the U.S. military services, U.S. Department of Transportation, NASA, and the French Space Agency (CNES).
Building on years of intimate knowledge of radar applications and system design, SPC can build custom radars or use existing assets for nearly any measurement campaign. We have provided five generations of state-of-the-art instrumentation radars for the radar cross-section (RCS) community, and performed measurement services in frequency ranges from 50 MHz to 100 GHz.
Our scientists, engineers, and technicians provide customers the following:
The following are publication titles authored and co-authored by our Radar staff:
✭ = NEW to this list within the last 2 months
- ✭C. Fry, C. Walters, & Dr. J. Raber Implementation of a Burst-Mode Technique and Variable Coherent Integration to Minimize Radar Data Collection Time, to be presented at AMTA 2013 Symposium, Columbus, Ohio, October 2013
- ✭D. Baker, E. Sager, & J. Floyd, Analysis of Multiple-Pulse-in-the-Air Strategies to Mitigate Windmill Clutter on an RCS Measurement Radar Range, presented at AMTA 2011 Symposium, Englewood, Colorado, October 2011.
- G. Rubin, E. Sager, D. Berger, GPU Acceleration of SAR/ISAR Imaging Algorithms, presented at AMTA 2010 Symposium, Atlanta, Georgia, October 2010.
- G. Rubin, T. Carney, J. Floyd, H. J. Henderson, J. Mitchell, A. Siegel, J. Vila. Airborne Radar Measurements of the Reentry of the Ariane 5 EPC, presented at IEEE International Radar Conference, 21-3.2005RA-106, Arlington, Virginia, May 2005.
- G. Easley, F. Colonna, Geometric Transforms and Their Applications to SAR Speckle Reduction, Proceedings of SPIE: Algorithms for Synthetic Aperture Radar Imagery X, Vol. 5095, Orlando, Florida, April 2003. Vol 18, pp.69-80, 2003
- G. Easley, D. Walnut, Local Multichannel Deconvolution, The Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision, Vol 18, pp.69-80, 2003.
- G. Rubin, E. Sager, R. Reynolds, B. J. Zimmerman, B. Noviello, G. Easley, A Truck-based Multifrequency SAR Platform, Paper Number A01-020, presented at the AMTA 2001 Symposium, Denver, Colorado, October 2001.
- R. Reynolds, G. Rubin, E. Sager, M. Schuetze, B. J. Zimmerman, J. Jost, J. Vila, A Multifrequency Airborne Radar System for Observing Space System Reentry, Paper Number IAA-00-IAA.6.5.09, presented at the IAF Congress, IAA.6. 33th Safety, Rescue and Quality Symposium, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, October 2000. (Abstract Only)
- R. Reynolds, J. Jost, G. Rubin, J. Vila, Radar Measurements of the Reentry of the Ariane 504 EPC, Paper Number B0.1-PE-0002, presented at the 33rd COSPAR Scientific Assembly, Warsaw, Poland, July 2000. (711kb PDF File)
- A. Siegel, E. Friday, Low Observable Technology and Mission Planning, Third Annual Stealth, Low Observable, and Counter Low Observable Conference, February 1999.
- A. Siegel, L. C. Myers III, RCS Measurements of Dynamic Targets to Support Test and Evaluation, 1998 Test and Evaluation Conference: International Test and Evaluation Association, December 1998.